Flashbreaker® tapes are high temperature/ high tensile strength polyester films coated with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive for oven or autoclave cures up to 400°F (204°C). The orange Flashbreaker® tapes have high visibility when placed on parts and molds. Flashbreaker® pressure sensitive tapes are used for multi-purpose functions in metal bond and composites, such as holding down vacuum bagging materials, thermocouple wires, masking-off, chem-milling protection or in riveting shops. Flashbreaker® tapes remove easily after cure.
• Flashbreaker tapes can control bond lines and make removal of resin flash easier, reducing clean up effort.
• Fix position of consumable materials to avoid process errors and improve part quality.
• High visibility orange color makes removal easier to inspect and reduces risk of leaving tape in place.
|Maximum use temperature||400°F (204°C)|
|Color||Blue / Orange|
|Total thickness||0.0022 inch (55 µm)|
|Film thickness||0.001 inch (25 µm)|
|Adhesive thickness||0.0012 inch (30 µm)|
|Elongation at break||100 %|
|Shelf life||18 months from date of shipment when stored|
in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)
|1 inch (2.54 cm)||72 yards (66 m)||60 rolls per case|
|2 inches (5.08 cm)||72 yards (66 m)||30 rolls per case|
|up to 20 inches (50.8 cm)||72 yards (66 m)|
• Broken cases and other widths available on special order.
• Available in 2 inch (5 cm) cut strips using "Pull Tab" technology.
• Product comes on plastic core, helping to reduce FOD in a clean room environment.
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
Last updated : 2019-03-26
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.