Tooltec® A005 pressure sensitive tape is designed to adhere to tool surfaces providing semi-permanent release and a reconditioned surface. It can be used on all types of molds, press platens, caul sheets or any surface that comes in contact with resins or adhesives. Release agents are not required on the mold surface thereby reducing cost and parts contamination. Tooltec® A005 is a reinforced mold surface reconditioning tape providing a semi-permanent release for flat tools. This product comes standard with a silicone pressure adhesive, but can also be supplied with an acrylic adhesive by special order.
• Provides semi-permanent release saving time spent cleaning tooling and reapplying release agents.
• Tools can be used to recondition worn or damaged tools for extended service, avoiding cost of remanufacture.
• Improve tool surface finish and aid resin flow for better part surface finish and reduced hand finishing.
|Maximum use temperature||500°F (260°C)|
|Carrier type||PTFE/ Glass|
|Total thickness||0.005 inch (125 µm)|
|Film thickness||0.003 inch (75 µm)|
|Adhesive thickness||0.002 inch (50 µm)|
|Shelf life||18 months from date of shipment when|
stored in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)
|1 inch (2.54 cm)||36 yards (33 m)|
|2 inches (5.08 cm)||36 yards (33 m)|
|36 inches (91 cm)||18 yards (16.5 m)|
|48 inches (122 cm)||18 yards (16.5 m)|
• Other sizes available on special order.
• Tooltec® A005 should be applied by carefully lifting the edge of the backing, then applying the adhesive
side to the mold surface. The remainder of backing should then be carefully removed while pressing the
Tooltec® A005 onto the mold surface with an Airsweep or other straight edge. A vacuum bag can then
be applied to remove any residual air. A cure cycle under vacuum will provide the best results.
• Color variations are due to sizing and sintering process and have no relationship to % of PTFE content.
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
Last updated : 2020-02-28
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.