Tooltec® CS5 is a PTFE film coated with a high temperature silicone pressure sensitive adhesive. It can be used to seal masters and leaky tool surfaces while providing semi-permanent and contamination free part release. Tooltec® CS5 is a non-reinforced mold surface reconditioning tape allowing conformance to complex contours and providing a semi-permanent release for contoured shapes.
• Provides semi-permanent release saving time spent cleaning tooling and reapplying release agents.
• Good elongation, so complex tools can be reconditioned and master models finished for molding.
• Improve tool surface finish and aid resin flow for better part surface finish and reduced hand finishing.
|Maximum use temperature||500°F (260°C)|
|Total thickness||0.0065 inch (165 µm)|
|Film thickness||0.005 inch (127 µm)|
|Adhesive thickness||0.0015 inch (38 µm)|
|Elongation at break||300 %|
|Shelf life||18 months from date of shipment when|
stored in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)
|36 inches (91 cm)||18 yards (16.5 m)|
|48 inches (122 cm)||18 yards (16.5 m)|
• Other sizes available on special order.
• Tooltec® CS5 should be applied by carefully lifting the edge of the backing, then applying the adhesive
side to the mold surface. The remainder of backing should then be carefully removed while pressing the
Tooltec® CS5 onto the mold surface with an Airsweep or other straight edge. A vacuum bag can then be
applied to remove any residual air. A cure cycle under vacuum will provide the best results.
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
Last updated : 2019-10-07
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.