Teflease MG2 is a PTFE film coated with a silicone adhesive. Teflease MG tapes will release from most resin systems. They are ideal for use on tooling blocks and all areas where high elongation and release is needed. Teflease MG tapes will form to critical contours and mold surfaces while offering multiple releases or may be used to cover multiple detail mold seams. They provide a semi-permanent release on cured Airpad tooling rubber and Aircast 3700 pressure intensifiers and mandrels.
• Provides semi-permanent release and superior surface finish, saving time and improving quality.
• Protect rubber tooling mandrels and intensifiers from resin attack, extending tool life and reducing cost.
• Good elongation makes application to complex shapes easier, reducing time and improving quality.
|Maximum use temperature||500°F (260°C)|
|Total thickness||0.0035 inch (88 µm)|
|Film thickness||0.002 inch (50 µm)|
|Adhesive thickness||0.0015 inch (38 µm)|
|Elongation at break||125 %|
|Shelf life||18 months from date of shipment when|
stored in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)
|1 inch (2.54 cm)||36 yards (33 m)||60 rolls per case|
|2 inches (5.08 cm)||36 yards (33 m)||30 rolls per case|
• Broken cases and other widths available on special order.
• Other thickness available:
MG3 - 0.0045 inch (115 µm) total thickness
MG5 - 0.0065 inch (165 µm) total thickness
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
Last updated : 2019-10-07
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.