Release Ply B is our tightest weave nylon peel ply that produces a ''fine'' texture.
Release ply fabrics are peel plies, used to texture the surface of a composite laminate. The peel ply surface is helpful for secondary bonding or painting of the composite laminate. Release ply fabrics may reduce or eliminate the need for sanding or abrading. The fabric is scoured and heat set to remove contaminates and reduce shrinkage.
• Peel plies strip off of cured laminates leaving a fine textured surface, reducing time spent hand finishing.
• Less time abrading in preparation for secondary bonding or painting.
• Fabric has been scoured to reduce the need for removing contaminants off cured laminates.
|Maximum use temperature||450°F (232°C)|
|Fabric construction: warp x fill||104 x 87 ends/in x picks/in (409 x 343 ends/ dm x picks/ dm)|
|Weight||1.83 oz/yd² (62 g/m²)|
|Thickness||0.0045 inch (0.114 mm)|
|Extractables||<0.5 % by weight|
|Shelf life||Unlimited when stored in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)|
|60 inches (152 cm)||250 yards (229 m)||1 roll|
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
• Hot knife (sealed edge) slitting upon request with 1 roll as minimum order quantity.
• Not recommended for use against phenolic resins.
Last updated : 2018-10-03
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.