Dahlar® Release Bag 125 is an economical film designed for release film applications. It can be used for cures up to 285°F (140°C) and will release from most resins associated with aerospace, marine, and recreational products. This formulation has improved tear resistance and elongation over products previously offered as low temperature, multiple process films. Dahlar® Release Bag 125 is the ideal release film for polyester or vinyl ester resins as well as epoxies and phenolics. All standard perforations are available. Please see our perforation table in this section.
• Good elongation and strength reduces tearing and bridging in corners, so less rework on resin rich corners.
• Softness of film reduces wrinkle marks on parts, improving surface finish and reducing hand finishing.
• Inexpensive film reduces the cost of medium temperature vacuum bagging processes.
|Material type||Polyolefin, multi-layer|
|Elongation at break||400 %||ASTM D 882|
|Tensile strength||9400 psi (65 MPa)||ASTM D 882|
|Maximum use temperature||285°F (140°C)|
|Materials to avoid||Compatible with most resin systems|
|Shelf life||Unlimited when stored in original packaging at 72°F (22°C)|
|from 0.001 - 0.003 inch (25 - 75 µm)||up to 260 inches (6.6 m)||SHT, CF, LFT|
|from 0.002 - 0.003 inch (50 - 75 µm)||up to 157 inches (4.0 m)||SHT (Embossed Film)|
• For more sizes, see the Commonly Used Sizes chart in this section.
• Custom shapes and sizes are available, please contact Airtech for more information.
• The maximum use temperature is dependent upon the duration at maximum temperature and is process
specific, Airtech recommends testing prior to use.
• Watch a demo video of Dahlar® Release Bag 125 in the "Media Center" on our website.
Last updated : 2019-01-29
As the conditions or methods of use, including storage, are beyond our control, Airtech International, Inc. does not assume responsibility for the performance of this material for any particular use. The material is sold "as is". Airtech International, Inc. disclaims, and buyer waives, any and all implied warranties, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for particular use. The information contained herein represents typical properties and should not be used for specification purposes. Any translation is provided for your convenience only. The official language is English and the official law is California, USA.